Warn everybody within your home and leave immediately, closing the front door.
Test your smoke alarm every week. Press the button on the cover and it should sound. If it’s not working give the Customer Hub a call on 0300 777 7777.
If you use oxygen equipment for medical reasons or are disabled, please get in touch to let us know, so we can plan for your individual support needs in the event of an emergency.
Gas is safe for heating and cooking but if it leaks or an appliance is faulty it can be very dangerous. Only registered gas fitters can carry out repairs to gas appliances or connections. Please ensure your own gas appliances are serviced by a registered gas fitter. Don’t use or store bottled gas cylinders in flats.
If you smell gas immediately ring the National Grid Emergencies on 0800 111 999, then call our Customer Hub on 0300 777 7777.
We service the heating system in your home once a year. It’s important that we have access to your home, so we can carry out this check. If you haven’t received a visit in the past year, please phone the customer hub to make an appointment.
Only qualified electricians should fit sockets or alter the wiring in your home. If you wish to carry out home improvements, please contact us so we can arrange a visit to check the work it is safe.
Don’t overload electrical sockets. Warning signs include: hot plugs, a buzzing noise, scorch marks on plugs or sockets, appliances going on/off and flickering lights. Report any faults to our Customer Hub on 0300 777 7777.
One of the main causes of electrical fires is faulty and recalled appliances, so we ask our customers to ensure their appliances are registered. You can register new and older appliances on the Register My Appliance website at www.registermyappliance.org.uk
Keep hair straighteners out of reach of children. Children’s skin can be 15 times thinner than that of adults so it’s important to keep hair tools out of reach.
Use a heat proof pouch when using your hair straighteners. Hair straighteners stay hot up to 40 minutes after they have been switched-off. Make sure you don’t leave hair straighteners unattended and make sure you unplug them when you have finished.
In the event of a serious burn, follow the three Cs:
THT launches Colleague Awards 2019
Trafford Housing Trust invests £60k in Flixton community project
Trafford Housing Trust invests £60k in Flixton community project through Social Investment Fund
L&Q invests in Trafford Housing Trust
L&Q invests in Trafford Housing Trust, unlocking 20,000 new homes and £4bn for the region
Trafford Housing Trust ends fixed-term Tenancies
Trafford Housing Trust plans to end fixed-term tenancy agreements to give customers more security and stability.
WIN £150 worth of gift vouchers to spend in over 20,000 shops
Register for MyAccount before 5 pm on Friday 26 April, for the chance to win £150 worth of Love2shop gift vouchers.
Evicted soup kitchen finds a new home at Limelight
A soup kitchen that was forced to leave its building last month after 30 years has found a new home at Limelight, a unique community hub in Old Trafford.