- Want to move home? Why not try
- The Mutual Exchange solution for tenants
- Free Registration and matching for THT
- Opportunity to exchange with tenants in Trafford,
Manchester, the North West and beyond
HomeSwapper is the UK's largest and most
successful home swap service. HomeSwapper is
free to all our tenants and is an easy to use and exciting way to
move home. Each week thousands of people living in social
housing register online and advertise their homes, looking for
another tenant who would like to swap.
As a THT tenant you can swap
homes with another tenant using HomeSwapper and
best of all it is FREE! Better still, finding a mutual
exchange through HomeSwapper means you won't have
to wait months on a housing register and you will get to choose the
home you want for yourself.
HomeSwapper has the UK's largest database of
people looking to swap homes with over 246,000 users across the
UK. In the past 12 months 29,000 households have swapped
homes thanks to HomeSwapper.
HomeSwapper uses the details you supply to
automatically match you to other tenants who may have a home that
you'd like and who would also be interested in your property.
When HomeSwapper finds you a match you will be
alerted by SMS text or email. You can then log onto
HomeSwapper, look at the home you have been
matched with and if you like the look of it you can arrange to
You can use HomeSwapper straight away by
logging on to www.HomeSwapper.co.uk
and registering to use the service.
- Use the link above.
- Input your details
- Input details of your home (number of bedrooms,
location etc) - You can even add pictures!
Once you have submitted your details we will confirm you are our
tenant and you can start to receive your matches.
When you find a property you wish to swap with contact the
Tenant via the contact details on HomeSwapper and arrange to have a
look at the property and for them to look at yours. Please
note that mutual exchange properties are taken as you see them any
agreement to leave furniture etc is between you and the tenant you
are swapping with. Once you have agreed that you want to swap
contact us and ask the other tenant to contact their landlord.
What happens when I have found a
- Contact our Customer Hub on 0300 777 77 77
- You will be asked to complete a form with your details and
property details and the details of the person and property you
wish to swap with
- You will be visited by the Home Living Advisor for your area
and the other tenant will be visited by a representative of their
- At this visit an inspection will be carried out
- Your rent account will be checked and you must have no rent
- Mutual Exchange is not automatic and a decision will be made
within 20 days.
- You must not move before this time.
What is the decision is based upon?
- You and the person moving into your property having a clear
- The property you are moving is the correct size for your
- Your property is not too big for the people moving into your
We would not agree to an exchange which would result in either
party becoming intentionally overcrowded or under occupying the
Once the exchange is approved you will be asked to come
into the office to sign a deed of assignment.
- You will need to attend with the person you are swapping with
as they will also need to sign. This is also usually done
with the other tenant's landlord representative, where the other
person in the mutual exchange is not one of our Tenants.
You will agree a date to move
Good luck in your search for a new home.