Trafford Housing Trust

Gas maintenance


Photo of a cooker gas jetWe carry out a free gas safety check every year and you must allow our Gas Safe registered engineers, Warmer Energy Services (WES), to service your boiler and carry out the annual gas safety check.

Servicing not only ensures your gas appliances are safe, it also keeps your heating and hot water working efficiently.

We will write to you every year when your gas safety check is due – it is important that you contact WES to make an appointment. Under the terms of your tenancy agreement you must let the engineers undertake essential safety works. If access is denied then the Trust will seek to recoup any legal costs incurred in gaining access to carry out the annual gas safety check.

The Trust only uses Gas Safe registered engineers to fit, fix or service your gas appliances. Always check the engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card, which has a unique licence number, showing the type of work they are qualified to do. Your Gas Safe registered engineer will carry out tests and checks. If a problem is found, the engineer will rectify it immediately and make
the installation safe.  

In the right hands gas is safe, but badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas with no taste, colour or smell and it can make you
feel seriously ill.

If you are suffering from headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, or loss of consciousness and you don’t know why, it might be a sign of carbon monoxide poisoning and you should see a doctor or, in an emergency, dial 999

.Warmer Energy Services click here for website

For more info contact Warmer Energy Services freephone: 0800 377 7755 or 0151 545 2629 (option 1 = service option 2 = breakdowns)  www.warmerenergyservices.com 

Gas Safety

If you think there might be a gas leak or notice any signs of carbon monoxide, act fast and call the free Gas Emergency Services line on 0800 111 999 and follow the advice below:

  • Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property
  • DO NOT turn on/off any electrical switches
  • Extinguish all naked flames, DO NOT smoke, strike a match or do anything that could cause ignition 
  • If there are any electrical security entry systems, DO NOT use them and open doors manually

Signs of Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be headaches nausea dizziness breathlessness collapse and loss of conciousness

Useful Links

Gas Safe Register 


gas safe logo click here to go to the siteGas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are registered to work safely and legally on gas appliances in United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey.

You can access this site at www.gassaferegister.co.uk

 

 

Click here if you need to report a repair

Handbook to help identify and report repairs in your home

Gas-maintenance.gif

Leaseholders-MajorWorks.gif

Adaptations-Service.gifAdaptations-Service.gif

© Trafford Housing Trust Limited.

Registered in England and Wales Reg No 04831118. Reg Office: Trafford Housing Trust, Sale Point, 126 - 150 Washway Road, Sale, M33 6AG.
Charity Reg No 1106967; Registered by the Homes and Communities Agency. No. L4440; VAT No 854 7727 85.

Accreditations