Report a Repair
We understand you want to keep your home at its best, and so we have a number of ways you can contact us should you have a repair.
- You can contact the Customer Hub direct from one of main Customer Access Points in Sale, Stretford or Old Trafford Click HERE for details
- You can also contact on 0300 777 7777 which is a Low Call number from a fixed land line Please note that calls to this number from a mobile phone will be charged at your provider's normal rate
- Online - Repair Finder Service Please accept our apologies as this service is no longer available. The team at Trafford Housing Trust is busy working on replacing its current housing and information systems. A new and improved repairs reporting facility is currently being developed which should be available in May. In the meantime, please report any repairs via the Customer Hub on 0300 777 7777 or via our THT App for Smart Phones Click Here to find out how to download the App.
- Email - click here to email us
- THT App for Smart Phones Click Here
- Minicom - 0161 969 0720
Whichever way you choose to contact us, please ensure you provide the following information when contacting us:
- Name, address and contact number
- The type of repair you require
- Where the repair is located in your home
- As many other details as possible, including materials / type of appliance
When calling us, the Customer Hub Advisor will advise you if the repair needs inspecting first, following which an appointment will be made (non-urgent repairs only). It is important that when an appointment is scheduled, you are available at this time. Some repairs, such as those in the home or back gardens where access can only be made through the home, can only be undertaken when you are in. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to keep an appointment.
The Customer Hub - 0300 777 7777 - is not only available to report a repair; you can also use this number to find out progress on a repair and make general repair enquiries. When calling, you may be asked to complete a customer satisfaction survey so we can continually improve our services where needed.
Safety is of major priority for us. All Repairs Team staff and contractors carry ID cards with them at all times. Do not let anyone into your home without checking their ID first.
Trafford Housing Trust spends a portion of its budget carrying out repairs which require access to properties. Often, in around 10% of cases, operatives are unable to gain access.
Missed appointment slots could be used by other customers and reduce the waiting time for their repairs.
Customers that failed to be at home for their arranged appointments in the last 12 months cost the Trust £63,000.
Please don't waste money and resources and make sure you are in for your appointment! £63,000 could have provided:
- 140 new front doors
- 233 electric showers
- 2,100 fence panels
Returning to a property for a second time also increases the impact on the environment with vehicle miles accumulating.
To ensure someone is at home for a repairsappointment, our automated SMS system will confirm by text the day the appointment is made and send a reminder the day before the operative attends. Where only a landline number is available,appointment reminders will be sent as an electronic voice message.
On the day
To ensure you are in for an appointment, our operatives will ring first on route to your property. If you are not in when we arrive, we will post a note reminding you of the costs to the repairs service and the importance of notifying the Trust if you are not able to meet the appointment.
Need to re-arrange or cancel?
Customers that are not able to make their allocated appointment slot, for whatever reason should please call the Trust on 0300 777 7777 to re-arrange or cancel, giving at least48 hours notice before the appointment date.
Emergency repairs (out of hours service)
If you have an emergency assistance for repairs that require making safe, please call 0300 777 7777 where you will be transferred to our out of hours service.