Accessibility statement for Trafford Housing Trust website
Trafford Housing Trust is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Trafford Housing Trust takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Trafford Housing Trust website:
Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Trafford Housing Trust is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Trafford Housing Trust website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Trafford Housing Trust:
Phone: 0300 777 7777
Postal address: Sale Point, Washway Road, Sale M33 6AG
We aim to respond to feedback within two working days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Trafford Housing Trust website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with the NVDA screen reader extension on Windows
Trafford Housing Trust website is not compatible with:
- Internet Explorer versions earlier than 7
Accessibility of Trafford Housing Trust website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Trafford Housing Trust website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Trafford Housing Trust website:
- There is no way to skip repeated content in the website header.
- There is no obvious search but near the search field.
- When navigating by keyboard it is difficult to navigate to the navigation close button once open.
- There are no descriptive labels on navigation open button, MyAccount button and social network icons.
- For mobile users MyAccount can be difficult to navigate to.
- There is no descriptive text on the THT logo, which also acts as navigation back to the homepage.
- The THT logo is not easily visible on some pages.
- On some device sizes the home page content boxes have text over images which is hard to read.
- There is no control to stop the home page carousel from animating.
- Some content headings do not meet contrast requirements
Trafford Housing Trust assessed the accessibility of Trafford Housing Trust website by the following approaches:
- Lighthouse browser automated test
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by: Trafford Housing Trust - John Slater, UX Designer on 14th December 2020.
The best way to tell us if you’re unhappy is to email us. If you can’t email, then you can call our Customer Service Team on 0300 777 7777.