Skip navigation
Money Money Money

Help with money

We know lots of people are struggling, and money worries might be one of the reasons why. 

You don’t have to face these worries alone. We have a team of specialist advisors who can offer practical and impartial advice and support to help improve your circumstances. Our services are free and confidential. 

If you need urgent help, please call our Customer Hub on 0300 777 7777


Money support service at Trafford Housing Trust 

Money advice

We know what it’s like to worry about money. The last thing we want is for our customers to struggle alone. Our Customer Support team are experienced advisors who are ready to help and support you.  

They can offer a wide range of practical advice on dealing with essential money, benefit or debt matters, including: 

  • Helping you to access the correct benefits and appeal decisions if benefits have been refused 
  • Help you manage all your debts, not just rent, which can include solutions to clearing most of your debts where eligible 
  • Helping with budgeting and grant applications for items such as household items
  • Pointing you in the right direction for further support 

If you're struggling or need help and advice, you can book an appointment by calling 0300 777 7777

Alternatively, you can email to book an appointment. 


Benefits and Universal Credit advice 

The benefits system can be tricky to navigate, so it’s good to have an expert guide. Our Welfare Rights Officers can help you make a claim, appeal decisions you disagree with, and check you are receiving all the benefits youre entitled to.  

You can apply for Universal Credit on the website 

If you need any help applying for Universal Credit or other benefits, please call us on 0300 777 7777. Alternatively, you can book an appointment by emailing us.

For more information on benefits you may be able to claim, please visit our Paying your Rent webpage. 



For friendly ongoing budgeting support, our Customer Support team can help you. Whether it’s finding cheaper goods and services, helping you apply for grants and trust funds, or helping you manage your bills, there are lots of ways to make your money go further.  


Banks and credit unions 

You will need access to a bank account to claim Universal Credit. We can help you to open one and give you advice on what you’ll need. We’d also recommend opening a Credit Union account so you can make regular savings. 

There are lots of ways we can help you. If you need help and advice with any money-related matter, please contact one of our team by calling 0300 777 7777. 


Other money support services 

The Money Advice Service 

The Money Advice Service offers free and impartial money advice to help you improve and get on top of your finances. They have a range of handy tools and calculators to help you keep track and plan ahead. Support is offered over the phone and online.  

If you’re struggling with debt, you can find lots of free advice services across the UK through their debt advice locator 


Citizens Advice Service 

Citizens Advice service offers free independent advice on a range of issues, including debt and money advice. You can speak to an advisor online, over the phone or in-person by visiting your local Citizens Advice service.