Skip navigation

My tenancy

Below you'll find information about day-to-day queries regarding your tenancy and what to do if you need help.

You can request a copy of your tenancy agreement by emailing us.

Abandoned properties 

If you think someone is no longer living in their THT property, you can let us know by emailing us.

We'll need to know: 

  • Address of property you believe is empty
  • Why do you think it is empty? 
  • How long has it been empty? 
  • Your name and contact details

Boundary fencing  

We don't repair or replace any dividing fences between two properties, for example, fencing that divides your garden from your neighbours. It's your responsibility to repair or replace any damaged dividing fencing.  

However, we do repair boundary fences. Boundary fences divide your property from a walkway or communal space, for example, a public field. If a boundary fence needs repair, please report this to our Customer Hub by calling 0300 777 7777. 


In the event of criminal activity, please contact the police, who'll request to review the footage if required.  

If you need to make a direct request to us for footage, please contact our Customer Hub by emailing us.

You'll need to send us the following information: 

  • Request by
  • Name
  • Address
  • Any contact details such as mobile or telephone number
  • Incident details
  • Date and day of the incident
  • Time of the incident, please be as specific as possible
  • Location of the incident, please be as specific as possible?
  • Description of the incident 
  • Did you witness this incident directly?
  • How did this incident affect you? 

CCTV in customers' homes 

We're not responsible for managing the use of CCTV in your property or ensuring images are captured, stored and deleted in line with GDPR.    

If you choose to install CCTV, it is your responsibility to ensure you're compliant with the law. Please read ICO's guide for your responsibilities when installing CCTV

You can also call ICO on 0303 1223 1113 for more information about your responsibilities and the law.  

Change of tenancy 

A change of tenancy is one of the following: 

  • Adding someone to the tenancysingle to joint tenancy
  • Removing someone from the tenancy, joint to single tenancy 
  • Taking over a tenancy when the tenant has died known as succession 
  • Giving your tenancy to another person entirely called assignment 

To change your tenancy, please email our Customer Hub.

We need to know:

  • What's the tenancy change you wish to make?
  • Reason for the tenancy change
  • Address of the property
  • Name and date of birth of the person who is being added or removed from the tenancy 

We'll ask you to provide proof of the above in most cases. Changing details on your tenancy can have implications, and we encourage you to seek independent advice from Shelter before contacting us.  

Ending your tenancy 

You can end your tenancy with us any time you like.  

If you're moving into another home, then the process is simple and designed to be as smooth as possible. You can find more information about ending your tenancy by visiting the Ending a tenancy page

If you're moving for any other reason, such as ASB or money concerns, we may be able to help. Speak with us in confidence by calling us on 0300 777 7777.    

Fire safety and items in communal areas 

If you notice an item in your communal area that you believe to be a fire risk, please call our Customer Hub on 0300 777 7777. THT and our customers are responsible for managing fire safety to reduce the risk of fires within a communal space such as landing, hallways, and stairways.  

We assess risks using a traffic light system: 

Red – Flammable or dangerous items. This item will be removed within 24 hours. 

Amber – This item could block exits or increase the spread of smoke and flames. You can't store items in the communal areas, and you will need to find an alternative place to store this item. A staff member of THTwill be in touch to discuss the safe storing of the item within five working days. 

Green – The communal space is hazard-free   

Garage rentals 

We currently have no available garages, and there is a significant waiting list of residents who have applied for one. Because of that, we aren't accepting new garage applications at the moment. We will accept new applications again once garages become available and the waiting list has been reduced.

Heating card requests 

If you need to request a replacement heating card, please email us. 

Please include the following information: 

  • Name
  • Address
  • Contact details  

Hoarding and dirty properties 

If you think you may have a problem with hoarding, or you need some support with managing your tenancy, please contact us by emailing us.

We'll need to know: 

  • What are your concerns?
  • How long have you been aware of this?
  • Address of property
  • Contact details   

Housing Support 

If you're finding it difficult to manage your home, please contact us by calling 0300 777 7777 or emailing us. 

We'll create an individual action plan that will help resolve the current challenges you're experiencing.  

We'll help you access sustainable support services, including community support and provision and support with mental health, physical health and/or drug and alcohol.  

Home improvement requests  

Before you carry out improvement work on your home or garden, you must ask permission from THT before the work can go ahead.  

Please email the Customer Hub to request an improvement application form.  

This form must be completed and sent back to us. One of our surveyorwill assess the form and decided whether the application will be approved or refused. Home improvement requests include work on your home that we do not cover as a day-to-day repair.   

Lodger requests 

You'll need approval from us for a lodger to stay at your home. You can request a lodger by contacting our Customer Hub.

Please note, there's a difference between taking a lodger and subletting your property. It's a breach of the tenancy to sublet your property under any circumstances.    

Long term absence from the dwelling 

If you're planning a long trip away from your home, you'll need to let us know so we can contact you in case of an emergency. You can let us know by emailing us.


Parking permits 

To request a THT parking permit, please contact us by emailing our Customer Hub.

Disabled badge 

For anything relating to the Blue Badge Scheme, please visit Trafford Council's website. 

Parking problems 

If you wish to report a parking issue on a road or pavement, you'll need to contact Trafford Council as pavement and highways are managed by them.  

You can find more information on Trafford Council's website 

Car parks 

Some car parks are owned by THT. If you live in a sheltered scheme, please contact your scheme manager, who'll be able to help you.  

If you live in any other property and are experiencing car parking issues on our land, please email our Customer Hub.

We'll need to know: 

  • What's the problem?
  • Where's the problem?
  • Who is causing the problem?  

Pest Control 

To report a pest problem, please contact us by emailing our Customer Hub.

Under normal circumstances, we'll treat the following pest problems: 

  • Wasps
  • Mice
  • Rats
  • Cockroaches
  • Squirrels
  • Ants if there's an infestation inside the property
  • Bedbugs only in communal blocks. 

Please speak to your Tenancy Sustainment Manager first before contacting us.

We won't treat the following pests: 

  • Silverfish
  • Insects
  • Ants if there's an infestation outside the property
  • Fleas
  • Flies
  • Bees
  • Birds including pigeons
  • Bedbugs in properties that aren't communal blocks 


Am I allowed to keep a pet? 

If you moved in to a property with communal areas after November 2018 you won't be permitted to keep domesticated animals listed below.

If your property doesn’t have communal areas, you’ll need to ask permission to keep the following pets:

  • Dogs
  • Cats
  • Caged reptiles such as snakes
  • Other pets not listed above

If you live in a sheltered or link property, please speak directly to your scheme manager.

All customers may keep the following pets without permission: 

  • Caged rodents
  • Caged birds
  • Fish
  • Caged reptiles such as small lizards
  • Guide dogs
  • Visiting pets – for domesticated pets visiting less than a day

I want to complain about a pet 

If you want to report an anti-social behaviour incident, please visit our anti-social behaviour page for more information on how to report a problem and the process we follow.


Running a business from home 

You'll need permission to run a business from your home. Please contact us by email to discuss this.  

Service charges 

If you have any questions relating to service charges, you can ask to speak to a member of the service charge team by calling 0300 777 7777 or emailing them directly.  

If you're a leaseholder, you can find more information about what service charges mean for you on our dedicated leaseholder page.

How do I pay my service charge?  

You can pay your service charge in various ways, including direct debt, standing order, payment cards, or by calling our Customer Hub on 0300 777 7777.    

Alternatively, you can pay via our online portal MyAccount 

If you're struggling to pay your service charge, please call us, and we'll help you to get back on track. 

What is a service charge? 

A service charge covers the cost of the services we provide and the management of those services, required under the terms of your tenancy agreement 

Service charges are variable. This means your service charge amount can change from year to year based on the 'actual' costs of providing the servicesWe'll report the 'actual' costs to you within six months of the financial year-end. 

How do service charges benefit me? 

Service charges help us maintain your building and keep communal areas safe. They include services such as grounds maintenance, caretaking, communal lighting and door entry systems. These services help to improve your home and maintain a high-quality communal living environment for all our customers.  

Untidy gardens 

If you need to report an untidy garden, contact our Customer Hub by emailing us.  

We'll need to know: 

  • Address of the property with the untidy garden
  • How long has it been like that?
  • What is the problem? Is it waste or overgrown?
  • How it's affecting you? 

You may wish to send us some photographs to help us with our investigations. If this becomes a long-term, repeat problem or causing health and safety concerns, distress or nuisance to your neighbours, we may escalate the matter further.  

We want our customers to enjoy their gardens and communal spaces because it's good for our health, family life and the environment. If you're struggling to keep your garden tidy because of mobility or illness or know someone who is, we can help.   

Welfare concern 

If you wish to report a welfare concern, please visit our Safeguarding pageSafeguarding is a priority for THT, and we have a duty to report issues if we see them.  

Our safeguarding policies cover adults and children. We aim to protect customers' rights to live in safety and free from abuse and neglect.