Community Waste Collection days
We're supporting Trafford Council's 'Let's tidy Trafford together' project by launching community waste collection days.
As part of the initiative, we're providing the opportunity to get rid of all your unwanted and bulky items for free.
To find out when we're in your area, view our schedule below or call 0300 777 7777.
What is Community Waste Collection day?
Over the next few months, we'll be collecting your waste via a caged waste van every week in every part of Trafford, including:
We aim to help reduce fly-tipping, side waste, and contaminated bins, which currently affect the cleanliness and tidiness of our communities.
From the end of August to the beginning of December, bring your bulky and unwanted items to the designated caged waste van, and we'll dispose of them free of charge.
Do I have to pay for this service?
No, this service is free of charge.
When will you be visiting my area?
Our designated caged waste vans will be in your area from 9am to 12pm.
However, if the caged vans are filled quicker than expected, we may have to finish the event earlier. To avoid disappointment, please go to the drop off point at an earlier time.
Please don't be alarmed if there isn't a location near to you on the current schedule. Trafford has a large geographical area to cover, and we'll be changing the drop off locations every quarter to give all residents an opportunity to use the free service.
The schedule will be delivered on a quarterly basis and will be updated with new locations and dates during November 2021.
Whilst we'll make every effort to ensure the dates/times are fixed on rare occasions, these may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, every effort will be made to update customers in the affected area at the earliest opportunity.
- Monday, 22 November: Craven Drive, outside the former garage site
- Monday, 1 November: The Leas, on road parking opposite
- Friday, 22 October: Hoylake Road, parking area
- Friday, 12 November: Corner of Rostherne Road
- Friday, 26 November: Chester House, Washway road, rear car park
- Thursday, 28 October: Stretford House, bin area
- Thursday, 4 November: Elm Drive, communal area
- Thursday, 18 November: Larch Avenue, car park area
- Thursday, 2 December: Willow Gardens, rear of 9 Crossford Street
- Wednesday, 10 November: Princess Court, Malvern Row car park
- Wednesday, 1 December: Shrewsbury Court, front car park
- Friday, 29 October: 362 Flixton Road, main car park
- Friday, 19 November: Flixton Road, outside flats
We can't collect the following items:
- Asbestos and insulation materials
- Vehicle batteries, vehicle parts and fittings
- Soil, trees, green houses, paving slabs, turf
- Supermarket trolleys
- Bricks, tiles, building rubble and materials and building structures
- Paint, oils, and any other flammable materials
- Concrete fence panels/posts
- Fridges, compressed gas bottles, chemicals, clinical waste, glass sheets
Will there be help at the events?
We'll be on hand at every event to help lift your bulky items into the caged van.
They will also be a THT Tenancy Sustainment officer available to answer any questions you may have.