Community Waste Collection days
Our Community Waste Collection days support Trafford Council's 'Let's tidy Trafford together' project.
As part of the initiative, we're providing the opportunity to get rid of all your unwanted and bulky items for free.
To find out when we're in your area, view our schedule below or call 0300 777 7777.
What is Community Waste Collection day?
Over the next few months, we'll be collecting your waste via a caged waste van every week in every part of Trafford, including:
We aim to help reduce fly-tipping, side waste, and contaminated bins, which currently affect the cleanliness and tidiness of our communities.
Over the next few months, bring your bulky and unwanted items to the designated caged waste van, and we'll dispose of them free of charge.
Do I have to pay for this service?
No, this service is free of charge.
When will you be visiting my area?
Our designated caged waste vans will be in your area from 9am to 12pm, except for two sites where the hours have been extended.
However, if the caged vans are filled quicker than expected, we may have to finish the event earlier. To avoid disappointment, please go to the drop off point at an earlier time.
Please don't be alarmed if there isn't a location near to you on the current schedule. Trafford has a large geographical area to cover, and we'll be changing the drop off locations every quarter to give all residents an opportunity to use the free service.
Whilst we'll make every effort to ensure the dates/times are fixed on rare occasions, these may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, every effort will be made to update customers in the affected area at the earliest opportunity.
- Monday, 6 December: Redbrook Road (between Dee Ave/Bamford Gardens), 9.30 am to 3 pm
- Monday 24 January: Lloyd Gardens, outside Armitage middle block
- Monday 7 February: Bollin Court, Bowdon, near the play area
- Monday 28 February: Lloyd/Albert/Chapel Court, outside Chapel Court
- Monday 7 March: Middle of Hayfield Walk and Mossfield Road
- Monday 28 March: The Green (grange estate) car park, near the bungalows
- Friday 1 April: Near bungalows on Ackers Lane, Carrington
- Friday 17 December: Middle of Kingsway Park
- Friday 7 January: Outside the block on Valley Road South
- Wednesday 12 January: Dean Court, outside the garages
- Wednesday 19 January: Essex Way, outside 391-399 car park
- Wednesday 2 February: Trent Court, in the square
- Tuesday 15 February: Lucy street, for Glazebrook, The Rivers, Eden, facing Eden
- Thursday 3 March: Car park of Maher Gardens
- Wednesday 16 March: Middle of Firs Wood, opposite School Road
- Thursday 9 December: Middle of Bucklow Road
- Tuesday 14 December: Ashton on Mersey, Ashton Lane car park
- Wednesday 22 December: Chapel Walks, near the car park and garages,9.30 am to 3 pm
- Tuesday 11 January: On the bend of Royton Ave
- Tuesday 18 January: Middle of Chorley Road
- Tuesday 8 February: Alderley Road, opposite the Green
- Tuesday 22 February: Gatley Road, outside the block
- Tuesday 1 March: Sidmouth Road, outside the flats/Exmouth road end
- Tuesday 22 March: Totnes Road, the layby near Brayton
- Thursday 23 December: Middle of Lee Crescent
- Thursday 6 January: Middle of Broseley Road
- Thursday 27 January: Main car park of Wardle Close
- Thursday 17 February: Barkway Road, outside the shop
- Thursday 24 February: Middle of Kings Road
- Tuesday 8 March: Large car park of Nansen Close
- Thursday 17 March: Car park of Ingleby
- Thursday 24 March: Edgehill Court and Cromwell Road, outside the block
- Friday 4 February: Near bungalows at the end of Ely Gardens and Granville Road
We can't collect the following items:
- Asbestos and insulation materials
- Vehicle batteries, vehicle parts and fittings
- Soil, trees, greenhouses, paving slabs, turf
- Supermarket trolleys
- Bricks, tiles, building rubble and materials and building structures
- Paint, oils, and any other flammable materials
- Concrete fence panels/posts
- Fridges, compressed gas bottles, chemicals, clinical waste, glass sheets
Will there be help at the events?
We'll be on hand at every event to help lift your bulky items into the caged van.
They will also be a THT Tenancy Sustainment officer available to answer any questions you may have.